PRP for hair loss
Most people associate a thick head of glossy hair with vibrant health. But hair loss often isn’t linked to your health. It’s more often caused by genetic or environmental factors. This is where PRP for hair loss comes to the rescue. The platelet-rich plasma (PRP) injections use a blend of natural ingredients that come from your own blood. In your scalp, the platelet cells help your hair regrow. You can see noticeable differences in just six months. Call a PRP specialist in NYC, Svetlana Pyatigorskaya at Vitality NP NYC, for a consultation.
What Is PRP for Hair Loss?
- Vampire Facials®
- Laser skin tightening and resurfacing
- Intravenous (IV) therapies
- Medical weight loss
What Causes Hair Loss?
- Unhealthy eating habits
- Stress and tension
- Family history of baldness
- Excessive hair brushing
- Hair styles that aggravate your scalp or pull out your hair
- Hormonal imbalances
- Alopecia and similar medical conditions
- Weight loss for men and women, as it can mean you’re not getting enough nutrients in your new diet
Why Does Platelet-Rich Plasma Work for Hair Loss?
Your blood has four components:
- Red blood cells
- White blood cells
Platelet-rich plasma is a solution rich in platelets. These specialized blood cells contain proteins known as growth factors. They give the cells their unique regeneration properties. The plasma is the liquid part of the blood. Benefits of injecting the platelet-rich plasma into your scalp include:
- PRP for hair loss injections involve a concentrated mixture of the platelets.
- Platelets promote tissue regeneration and increase your hair count.
- They thicken existing hair follicles, the hair shaft and hair stem.
- Platelets even work if you’ve had a hair transplant, as they stimulate and strengthen hair roots, promoting cell regeneration in your hair follicles.
What’s the Procedure for a PRP Treatment for Hair Loss?
A PRP treatment for hair loss takes only 30 minutes at Vitality NP NYC in NYC. Most often, the procedure works best when you combine it with other treatment plans, such as microneedling or Minoxidil. You may only start seeing and feeling a difference in your hair count and texture after six months.
You may need additional PRP therapy sessions if your bald spot is large or there are complications. The PRP for hair loss process involves a series of steps, including:
- Blood is drawn from your arm. Using your own blood prevents complications such as rejection of the cells.
- The blood is then put through a centrifuge to separate the platelets from the red and white blood cells.
- The processed, platelet-rich blood is injected into the bald or balding areas of your scalp.
- The platelets-rich plasma breaks down in the blood stream, releasing unique regrowth properties.
- PRP injections for hair loss don’t work right away. You likely need multiple sessions. Your PRP specialist in NYC directs you to return from time to time for touch-ups to maintain your hair growth.
- People who’ve undergone hair transplants benefit the most from PRP treatment for hair loss. The transplanted hair roots get more strength from the protein growth factors in the platelets, preventing them from falling out sooner.
Seek a certified PRP specialist in NYC for your hair loss treatments. Contact Svetlana Pyatigorskaya at Vitality NP NYC in Lower Manhattan for the safest, most effective PPRP hair loss treatments in NYC.