How Do PRP Injections Work?
- Resolving pain through healing
- Allowing you to return to an active lifestyle after each therapy
- Repairing tissue definitively
- Reducing the need for surgery by treating injured tissues before the damage progresses
- Accelerating your body’s immune system
- Promoting hair growth following gastric bypass surgery
What Is a PRP Injection Treatment?
A platelet-rich plasma (PRP) injection is a treatment protocol that contains a concentration of your own blood platelets to accelerate the healing process. Platelets, technically called thrombocytes, are responsible for natural healing functions. A PRP injection uses the healing capabilities in your own blood to treat injured body parts, such as tendons, ligaments, muscles and joints. This therapy is now an integral part of regenerative medicine with multiple applications that include:
- PRP for treating joint injuries, muscle injuries, chronic tendon injuries, fractures, torn tendons, acute ligament and muscle injuries, tendinitis and arthritis-related pain
- Post-surgical repair that promotes healing after certain surgical procedures, such as jaw procedures and cosmetic surgery
- PRP facials for skin rejuvenation, as used for the widely popular Vampire Facial®, as well as other cosmetic procedures
- PRP to treat hair loss after surgery because it promotes hair regrowth
- Inflammation reduction caused by osteoarthritis.
The New York City-based Vitality NP Family Health leverages this advanced treatment for multiple conditions. Svetlana Pyatigorskaya, a nurse practitioner (NP) and board-certified anti-aging specialist, offers PRP facial therapy and PRP for hair loss at her state-of-the-art facility in Downtown Manhattan.
What’s the Procedure for PRP Injections?
During the injection process, precision is vital, so imaging technology is usually necessary to guide the injection. Your nurse practitioner explains the process to you before starting. The steps of the PRP treatment include:
- Svetlana draws between 15 and 50 milliliters of blood from your arm.
- The blood is placed in a centrifuge machine, in a closed system, to separate the platelets.
- Your therapy specialist prepares the platelet-rich plasma, which is concentrated platelets with some blood plasma.
- Svetlana cleans and disinfects the target area that’s injured or diseased.
- Imaging technology, such as an ultrasound or CT scan, is used when required so that the injection is precisely placed.
- Your PRP therapy specialist injects the platelet-rich plasma into the injured area.
At Vitality NP Family Health, the PRP solution is injected into the skin with a needle and syringe for a PRP skin rejuvenation procedure. At this New York City-based clinic, you have an experienced PRP treatment specialist handling the entire procedure. From the initial consultations, you receive individual attention to ensure the best outcome.
How Do I Prepare for a PRP Injection?
During the initial consultation with your PRP specialist, you discuss the necessary steps you need to take to prepare for the PRP injection. These preparations include:
- Not taking corticosteroid medications for several weeks before the procedure
- Avoiding non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) a week before your PRP injection
- Not taking anticoagulation medication five days prior to the PRP therapy
- Drinking sufficient amounts of water and liquids before your procedure date
- Learning about possible side effects from the procedure, which are rare when you choose an experienced nurse practitioner to administer it
Svetlana is one of the top PRP treatment specialists in New York City. She gives you special attention and personalized treatment, no matter what your reason for calling on her. She’ll explain your options for the different protocol-based PRP procedures at Vitality NP Family Health, including:
- PRP skin rejuvenation
- PRP skin rejuvenation with bio-fillers
- A Vampire Facial
- PRP Facial
- Hair Loss Treatment
- A vampire facelift
- PRP for hair loss after bariatric surgery
Contact the clinic today for a consultation regarding the suitability of PRP therapy for your medical issue. You can trust Svetlana to determine what you need and deliver the treatment efficiently, with compassion and care.