What Is IV Therapy?
- IV drip. Your certified practitioner uses a plastic catheter inserted into the vein to let an infusion of the fluid enter your bloodstream slowly. This procedure takes 45 to 60 minutes, with an average of 250 to 1000 ml of fluids injected per session.
- IV push. A previously inserted plastic catheter is used for the IV infusion of fluid for 15 to 20 minutes under a trained specialist’s supervision.
IV therapy must be performed by a qualified provider in a safe clinical setting. In Downtown New York City, Svetlana Pyatigorskaya offers expert anti-aging and nutritional drip IV therapy at Vitality NP Family Health. With advanced training in IV infusion techniques, this nurse practitioner (NP) successfully uses IV drip therapy to treat and manage various conditions and illnesses.
What Is IV Vitamin Therapy?
IV vitamin therapy is the most prominent of modern IV applications. It delivers nutrients directly into the bloodstream. Nutritional IV infusions consisting of various vitamins and minerals boost your health and energy levels. This is an elective procedure that doesn’t treat life-threatening medical conditions, but rather improves your overall well-being. Some of the common types of cocktails used for a vitamin IV drip include:
- Myers Cocktail. This customized compound typically consists of magnesium, B vitamins and vitamin C. It’s an anti-aging therapy that helps strengthen your immunity, boost energy levels and reverse many of the signs of aging.
- Immunity booster IV.
- NAD+ anti-aging IV therapy.
- Vitamin C IV therapy. Compared to the Myers Cocktail, this protocol uses a higher dose of the vitamin. This high-dose vitamin concertation helps manage cancer side effects, infections, Lyme disease, chronic viral infections and allergies, and other conditions.
- Hydrogen peroxide IV. An alternative health therapy containing a safe dilution of hydrogen peroxide administered intravenously to fight off infection, this therapeutic option inhibits the growth of anaerobic organisms.
- IV therapy for weight loss. This process works by boosting your body’s metabolism. It combines hydrating fluids, as well as a special formulation of vitamins and lipotropics to help you achieve your weight loss goals when administered in conjunction with diet and exercise.
- IV hydration. This IV drip therapy helps with the loss of fluids due to health problems, such as vomiting, diarrhea or hangover. Athletes commonly use IV hydration to maximize their performance.
Is IV Vitamin Therapy a Trendy Fad?
- Healthier skin
- Boosts to your immune system
- Reduced hangover symptoms
- Energy boost
- Better complexion
- Boosted fertility
- Necessary hydration after an illness, such as the flu
- Stress relief
- Improved concentration and mental focus
- Increased calmness and relaxation
- Long-lasting successful weight loss
- Effective recovery following high-performance athletics
- Corrected hormonal imbalance