Laser Acne Scar Reduction
After all the work and treatments you underwent to rid yourself of troubling acne, it can be disheartening to find that you’re left with superficial scarring. Laser acne scar removal is a revolutionary process that can rid you of those scars and leave you with smoother, clearer skin. Laser treatment for acne scars is safe and beneficial only when you rely on an expert, trained and experienced in the use of medical lasers. In Downtown New York City, you can find that specialist in Svetlana Pyatigorskaya at Vitality NP Family Health. She brings a wealth of expert advice in a wide range of anti-aging and cosmetic procedures. Call the clinic today to find out how acne scar laser treatment can help you.
What Is Laser Acne Scar Reduction?
Laser acne scar reduction is a form of treatment performed with safe, sensitive lasers that removes damaged layers of skin and stimulates the growth of new skin. Once you’ve had acne, it’s common for there to be scars left on your skin. And even after acne goes away, your skin may look uneven and damaged. Scars caused by acne or other conditions can damage your self-esteem and detract from your appearance.
While laser acne scar removal doesn’t completely remove scars, it helps to make them less uncomfortable and far less noticeable. Svetlana Pyatigorskaya at Vitality NP Family Health in New York City provides anti-aging and regenerative therapies, including laser treatment for acne scars, which greatly reduces the appearance of unsightly scars and pockmarks.
What Skin Conditions Benefit from Laser Skin Treatment?
- Surgical scars
- Burn scars
- Injury scars
- Acute acne and acne scar reduction
- Pigmentation removal
- Nail fungus removal
- Bruise reduction
- Pain management for back pain
How Do I Prepare for Laser Treatment for Acne Scars?
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight for up to two months before your procedure, as Svetlana may not be able to treat sunburned or tanned skin with a laser.
- Avoid medications that may increase the risk of bleeding, such as blood thinners or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) like naproxen or ibuprofen.
- Avoid smoking for at least two weeks before the procedure because smoking may impair your skin’s ability to heal.
What Happens During Laser Treatment for Acne Scars?
Laser treatment for acne scars is an outpatient procedure that usually takes between 30 and 120 minutes. The procedure consists of a number of steps, including:
- The application of a numbing cream or an injection of a local anesthetic
- Slipping on protective goggles
- Gauze or towels placed around the area
- Passing the laser over the damaged skin
- Ointment and a dressing placed over the area once the procedure’s completed
There’s minimal downtime after laser treatment for acne scars. You may experience some minor swelling or a burning sensation, and your skin may be red at first. A cool compress helps to relieve any discomfort. You’ll need to avoid makeup until all the redness has disappeared. New skin usually develops over the area in one to two weeks.
Where Can I Get Acne Scars Laser Treatment in Downtown NYC?
If acne scars or other skin flaws are making you feel self-conscious, Svetlana can help. She has more than three decades of medical training and experience. She offers a variety of anti-aging and rejuvenating therapies in addition to laser acne scar reduction, such as:
- Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) facials
- Laser skin resurfacing
- Laser skin tightening
- IV hydration
- Myers Cocktail
- Peptide therapy
- Medical weight loss
- Hormone replacement therapy
Contact Vitality NP Family Health to find out how laser acne scar treatment can help you. Get started today so that you can begin looking and feeling your best.