Laser Skin Resurfacing
What Is Laser Skin Resurfacing?
- Eye, forehead and mouth lines
- Acne scars
- Skin that didn’t respond to a facelift
- Skin that’s been damaged by the sun
- Aging skin
- Liver spots
- Yellowish or grayish complexions
- Obvious birth marks
- Large pores, particularly on your nose
Can Anyone Get Laser Skin Resurfacing?
- You still experience acne actively.
- You have very dark skin, in which case you may want to try another skin treatment, such as microneedling. <Link to Microneedling>
- You have very deep wrinkles.
- You have excessive, sagging skin.
- You’re taking an oral acne medication, which can slow or interfere with your healing.
- You get cold sores or fever blisters, as a laser treatment can cause a breakout.
- You take aspirin daily, which can cause excessive bleeding.
- You have diabetes or another autoimmune condition.
- You smoke, which can cause complications.
- You’re pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Your skin tends to scar easily.
- You’ve had any radiation treatments directly on the target area.
What Can I Expect During the Treatment?
- The target area is cleaned and prepared. A topical numbing agent is applied if the area is small. Otherwise, you may be sedated.
- Svetlana uses the laser to burn away the outermost layer of your skin and heat up the underlying layer. The effect isn’t painful, but it may feel the same as a rubber band being snapped on your skin.
How Will I Feel After the Procedure?
- Raw, swollen skin, which can last up to a month
- Itchy skin that you cannot scratch
- Ointments to apply to keep your skin protected
- A dressing that covers the area
- Mild pain, which you can relieve with over-the-counter pain medication
What Other Skin Treatments Does Vitality NP Family Health Offer?
Svetlana Pyatigorskaya, a nurse practitioner with more than 30 years of healthcare experience, is qualified to perform skin procedures for you that include:
- Laser skin tightening
- Laser acne scar reduction treatment Skin rejuvenation
- Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) injections
- PRP facials
- Stretch mark removal
- Bruise reduction
- Pigmentation removal
- General scar reduction
- Nail fungus removal
Svetlana focuses on anti-aging treatments, rather than on cosmetic treatments. Anti-aging has become her specialty and focus in the last five years. She’s a member of the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine, the Cellular Medicine Association and the American Association of Nurse Practitioners. She works to slow the aging process rather than reverse it, so don’t expect treatments intended for cosmetic purposes only.
Regarding the laser skin resurfacing cost, check with your health insurance company, as most plans don’t cover laser skin resurfacing or other cosmetic skin treatments. But when you’re ready for younger-looking skin, contact Svetlana Pyatigorskaya for the best laser skin resurfacing clinic in New York City.