IV Vitamin C
Taking vitamins and nutritional supplements is an ideal way to support your health and get all the important nutrients you don’t get from your diet. But when you rely strictly on pills and powders for your daily vitamin supplementation, you don’t get all of the vital ingredients your body needs. A better way to ensure that you receive the recommended dose of the important nutrient vitamin C is through a vitamin C infusion. In NYC, get high-dose vitamin C IV infusions at Vitality NP Family Health. You’re treated with individualized formulas designed to provide you with the right amount of nutrients you need to support your optimal health. Call the Downtown New York City office today to schedule yours.
Why Do I Need Vitamin C?
Vitamin C is a nutrient that’s necessary for healthy building and regenerating of your connective tissue, skin and bones. It’s an antioxidant that:
- Promotes healing
- Helps your body absorb iron
- Protects cells from the damage done by free radicals
Humans don’t have the ability to synthesize this vitamin by themselves. Since it can’t be made in the body, it must be obtained from food or supplements in one way or another, such as:
- The vitamin C content you get from food is sometimes lost through cooking and storage, increasing the likelihood that you may need supplementation.
- You can take vitamin C pills or powders to supplement your levels, but even a high-dose daily may not deliver all its intended benefits.
- High-dose vitamin C IV therapy increases the levels of this important vitamin more quickly than oral supplements, which often lose potency during the digestive process. Intravenous vitamin C reaches the bloodstream directly, where it can most benefit you.
For intravenous (IV) custom therapy in New York City, look no further than Vitality NP Family Health. Family nurse practitioner (NP) Svetlana Pyatigorskaya brings more than three decades of experience to bear when providing you with therapeutic healthcare options. In fact, she even creates personalized formulas to support your unique needs.
When Is High-Dose Vitamin C Recommended?
- Have a very limited diet
- Smoke or are exposed to a great deal of secondhand smoke
- Have certain types of cancer
- Suffer from allergies
- Have Lyme disease
- Experience chronic infections
- Have medical conditions that cause malabsorption of nutrients, such as colitis, Crohn’s disease, IBS, gastritis or duodenitis
What Can I Expect from a Vitamin C Infusion?
- Checking vital signs, including temperature, pulse and blood pressure
- Cleaning the infusion site with alcohol
- Inserting the IV needle into a vein
- Administering the vitamin C IV drip
Who Should Administer Vitamin C IV Therapy?
High-dose vitamin C IV therapy must be done by a qualified provider in a clinical setting. For expert anti-aging and nutritional treatments in Downtown NYC, trust your treatments to Vitality NP Family Health. Svetlana has advanced training in IV therapy. She’s highly trained in administering vitamin C IV therapy, as well as other forms of IV therapy such as:
If you think intravenous vitamin C may make a difference for you, have a conversation with Svetlana. If you have questions on how to get IV vitamin C or another form of IV therapy, contact Vitality NP Family Health today. Svetlana believes in taking an individualized approach for treatment, and you can be sure you’ll receive the expertise and care you deserve.